SHARE ON FACEBOOK

Rapist Paul Kibble jailed for six year after Bath attack

RAPIST Paul Kibble has been jailed after being convicted of two sexual offences in Bath.

Last week, the 42-year-old was jailed for six years after raping and sexually assaulting a woman at a residential address in the city last year.

Anyone who reports a sexual offence is entitled to anonymity throughout their lifetime, and the victim in this case shared a statement with the court ahead of his sentencing explaining the impact of what Kibble subjected her to.

“It has affected me in so many different ways, words cannot even describe how I feel each day,” she said.

“I cannot step into town to go shopping; I am scared in my own home, and I have been unable to return to work since the assault.

“I feel like something has been taken from me, something that I am never going to be able to get back, but I hope that this result will encourage others to speak up.”

The trial heard Kibble and the woman were in a house in October when he sexually assaulted and raped her.

He was said to have refused to take no for an answer and continued to engage in sexual activity for his own gratification without the woman’s consent.

On May 31, guilty verdicts by a majority were returned by the jury at Bristol Crown Court for rape and sexual assault by penetration.

Kibble, who lived in Bath, will also be placed on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.

After the verdict, Detective Constable Alice Chandler of Operation Bluestone, Avon and Somerset Police’s dedicated rape and serious sexual offences investigative team, said: “The bravery and strength the victim has shown throughout this case has been truly commendable.

“She has shown a tremendous level of courage from the day of reporting right until the verdicts were received, demonstrating dignity and respect throughout the investigation and trial despite being the victim of such horrific offences.

“We never underestimate the bravery it takes for victims of sexual offences to come forward to police and to give evidence in court at trial.

“Kibble has continually denied responsibility for his actions, and it is thanks to the victim’s continued support and fortitude that we have been able to ensure a dangerous man is no longer on our streets.”

DC Chandler added the work of support agencies has been invaluable and hopes this verdict and sentence gives confidence to all victims of sexual offences to report crimes to us.

“Throughout this investigation, we have worked in collaboration with numerous agencies whose services have been invaluable and the positive result in this case goes far in reinforcing the need for effective multi-agency working,” she said.

“Independent advisors have been able to support her throughout the investigation, which often is a great source of help for victims who are going through this process.

“Hopefully cases like this give confidence to any victim of a sexual offence to come forward. It does not matter if you report something to us five minutes after it happens or five years. You will be believed and those crimes will be thoroughly investigated.”

Victims of rape or sexual assault, recent or non-recent, can self-refer to The Bridge, a Sexual Assault Referral Centre available 24/7 365 days a year. Visit their website at www.thebridgecanhelp.org.uk or call 0117 342 6999.

You can also visit www.thisisnotanexcuse.org for details of charities and organisations who are experts in supporting victims.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *